Infant Welfare Society - Hinsdale Auxiliary

100yearIWS1.jpg

For over 100 years, The Infant Welfare Society of Chicago has been delivering critical health care and wellness services to infants, women and children. Infant Welfare has always been a visionary urban community health center, continually expanding, redefining and integrating the scope of services it delivers to families. Leading the way among community health centers in providing early childhood development services, the clinic helps families manage chronic pediatric illnesses such as asthma, offers pediatric dental care, orthodontics and optometry services and most recently, participated in a groundbreaking initiative in the emerging field of infant mental health.

The Hinsdale Chapter was the first Auxiliary Chapter to be formed, in 1913. Together with 12 other chapters and more than 700 members, the Auxiliary is the single largest contributor to the Infant Welfare Society.

About the Auxiliary... In 2013, the IWS Auxiliary celebrated 100 years of service to the Infant Welfare Society of Chicago. With over 700 members and 13 Chapters located throughout the city and suburbs, the Auxiliary raises money and awareness for IWS, as our Chapters host benefits in their respective communities. In addition, the Auxiliary provides community outreach, sponsoring programs like the See Santa Party, Holiday Special Gifts, educational enrichment programs and a Resale Shop that offers quality merchandise at affordable prices. 

About the Clinic . . . Since 1911, the Infant Welfare Society of Chicago has offered “a medical home” to Chicago’s women and children. At the time of its founding, IWS provided a safe supply of milk for newborns as the city combated spiraling infant mortality. Today, IWS has expanded it's services to add early childhood development services, asthma care, pediatric dental care, orthodontics, optometry services and most recently, infant mental health services.

The Angel Harvey Infant Welfare Society of Chicago Community Health Center is located at 3600 W. Fullerton Avenue and serves over 12,000 patients each year. 

For more information visit our website at www.infantwelfaresociety.org